The 17th annual Coleopterists Day is being held at Oxford University Museum of Natural History on Saturday 8th February 2020, in collaboration with British Entomological & Natural History Society (BENHS) and Biological Records Centre (BRC).
Programme (download PDF version):
- 10.00 – Arrival tea / coffee / biscuits – Annexe – Pemberley Books stall
- 10.30 – Welcome & Housekeeping – Lecture Theatre
- 10.35 – Keiron Derek Brown - FSC BioLinks project update
- 10.45 – Mike Cox – Apteropeda
- 11.05 – Peter Holland – A genome project for every species?
- 11.25 – Andrew Salisbury – Tales of RHS enquiries
--- short break ---
- 12.00 – Peter Brown - Global Red-Listing of Insects: Ladybirds as a case study
- 12.20 - Mary-Emma Smith – The problem with pedellus (photo of Aphodius pedellus on right by Darren Mann)
- 12.40 - Keith Alexander & Jon Cole - BENHS Saproxylics Group
--- 12.50 – 14.00 – Lunch (Museum café, local pub or bring your own - Annexe) ---
- 13.45 - Zoë Simmons – NLHF HOPE for the Future project overview – Westwood Room
- 14.15 – A scheme of schemes! – Annexe
- Martin Harvey - UK Beetle Recording website and sharing records via iRecord
- Chris Foster - Ground Beetle Recording Scheme workshop/ advice session
- Michael Geiser - Chrysomelidae Recording Scheme workshop/ advice session
Hope Entomological Collections open 13.00 – 16.00 - For collections use contact Amoret Spooner.
Hope Entomological Library open 12.30 – 16.00 - Please contact Danielle Czerkaszyn with your library requests in advance, as there will not be a librarian working on the day to assist.
No booking needed, unless access is required for a specific collection/ archive.
THERE IS NO PUBLIC PARKING AT THE MUSEUM
For general enquiries please contact contact Amoret Spooner.
Diary date for 2021: the 18th Coleopterists Day will be on 6 February 2021!